Find us @

Feature

A doctor has diagnosed the cause of death of an American that died as a result of heart failure

An American tourist died at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort in Great Exuma, Bahamas, in May. Three other US tourists died at the luxury resort previously.

Published

on

Unfortunately, an American visitor to Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas, passed away.

Death was ruled an accident by the hotel staff. It was reported that he had tested positive for COVID-19.

Carbon monoxide poisoning claimed the lives of three American tourists at the resort in May.

The Sandals Emerald Bay resort on Great Exuma in the Bahamas confirmed Tuesday that an American visitor had died there.

The Washington Post reports that the US citizen, whose identity and age have not been revealed, died after testing positive for COVID-19.

A hotel representative confirmed to Insider that a guest had passed away in the Bahamas from what appeared to be natural causes.

The spokesperson added, “Bahamian authorities do not suspect any foul play.” Our hearts go out to the guest’s loved ones, and we’ll continue to be in touch with them as they need us.

Insider reported in May of this year that three American tourists had died while staying at the luxury resort, which has room rates starting at $377.

Hotel employees discovered the body of a man in one of the resort’s villas, according to a statement released at the time by the Royal Bahamas Police Force. An additional couple was discovered unresponsive in a different villa while the police were on their way there.

The night before, the couple had complained of feeling ill. Sadly, three hotel guests, aged 64 to 68, were deemed dead at the scene. A fourth traveler was also injured, but luckily managed to escape.

According to CNN, the Royal Bahamas Police Force conducted an investigation into the deaths and determined that the three tourists had died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

A spokesperson for the hotel told Sky News in June that the deaths were a “isolated incident,” shortly after the investigation’s findings were announced. All rooms at the resort and throughout the company’s holdings have since been outfitted with carbon monoxide detectors, the spokesperson said.