Unfortunately, an American visitor to Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas, passed away.
Death was ruled an accident by the hotel staff. It was reported that he had tested positive for COVID-19.
Carbon monoxide poisoning claimed the lives of three American tourists at the resort in May.
The Sandals Emerald Bay resort on Great Exuma in the Bahamas confirmed Tuesday that an American visitor had died there.
The Washington Post reports that the US citizen, whose identity and age have not been revealed, died after testing positive for COVID-19.
A hotel representative confirmed to Insider that a guest had passed away in the Bahamas from what appeared to be natural causes.
The spokesperson added, “Bahamian authorities do not suspect any foul play.” Our hearts go out to the guest’s loved ones, and we’ll continue to be in touch with them as they need us.
Insider reported in May of this year that three American tourists had died while staying at the luxury resort, which has room rates starting at $377.
Hotel employees discovered the body of a man in one of the resort’s villas, according to a statement released at the time by the Royal Bahamas Police Force. An additional couple was discovered unresponsive in a different villa while the police were on their way there.
The night before, the couple had complained of feeling ill. Sadly, three hotel guests, aged 64 to 68, were deemed dead at the scene. A fourth traveler was also injured, but luckily managed to escape.
According to CNN, the Royal Bahamas Police Force conducted an investigation into the deaths and determined that the three tourists had died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
A spokesperson for the hotel told Sky News in June that the deaths were a “isolated incident,” shortly after the investigation’s findings were announced. All rooms at the resort and throughout the company’s holdings have since been outfitted with carbon monoxide detectors, the spokesperson said.
The top 5 Fall getaways in the Northeast
This story has been updated with new information. Fall brings a welcome respite from summer’s heat and humidity as well...
Giant Slide reopened in the US for the first time since going viral
Thousands of people showed up to the Giant Slide in Detroit on the first weekend it reopened since going viral.
This hiker falls to his death at the Grand Canyon
A hiker walking in Grand Canyon National Park fell approximately 200 feet to his death on Friday afternoon, according to...
Ford fixed a problem with the Mustang that caused many crashes
Ford Mustang prototype mystery of 'The Bulge' has finally been solved.
You can buy a 90s Porsche-inspired boat, if you really want to
Yes, this is a yacht made to kind of look like a 993-generation 911 cabriolet.